Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green Smoothie


Even though I've had a hard week (sugar cravings, coke zero and really low energy) I have stayed true to my daily green smoothies! They really help me to feel so much healthier!

If you are interested, here is my recipe: (use all organic, if possible)

Ingredients:
2 cups unfiltered apple juice
1 1/2 cups pure pineapple juice
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
spirulina (I use 9 of the tablets from trader joes)
3 Tbl organic flax oil
juice from 1 lemon
3 stalks celery
1 med cucumber
1 granny smith apple
handfuls of kale and spinach. Blend. Add more kale and spinach. 

*I highly recommend a VitaMix blender. Before I used a food processor to get the kale and celery fine enough that it wasn't crunchy in my smoothie. With a VitaMix everything is smooth as can be. I think green smoothies are nasty unless they are completely smooth. My VitaMix was an investment, but totally worth it! 

Pour into ice cube trays. Freeze. Place in ziplock freezer bag.

1/2 - 1 cup coconut water (depending on your taste preference)
4 green smoothie ice cubes

Blend, pour and enjoy the benefits of green smoothies! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment