Saturday, February 26, 2011

Green Smoothies

OH how I love them and oh how I use to think the idea was DISGUSTING! But believe me, just close your eyes and drink and you will forget it is even green! Tastes so yummy! Makes me feel so healthY! This started back in the day while living with my favorite sisters in California! Emily and I spent many days experimenting with different green smoothie recipes. We finally found our inspiration from www.greensmoothiegirl.com. We discovered that when we put kale and spinach in our smoothies for breakfast, we would have so much energy and it would help with regulating our digestive system!

I never had a blender that would eliminate the crunch of the kale until I got my Vitamix! Now my green smoothies are back and healthier and smoother than ever! I have even discovered adding spirulina and I notice the difference in my ability to fight off a cold. Now that I have my Vitamix I have joined in the raw food lifestyle change! Stay tuned for recipes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment