Friday, February 25, 2011

homemade bread

SUCCESS! Papa Dimond inspired me with his weekly ritual of grinding wheat to make homemade bread. We were given a bread maker and after over 10 cups of ground wheat, 8 hours, 4 loaves and a messy kitchen all I would end up with was a rock. I gave up. I figured bread making was just not for me! But then I would see Papa Dimond making his bread and he would ask how mine was doing. We decided I better try from scratch. I took a two week break and started over, without the bread maker and WAH LAH! Beautiful, healthy homemade bread with my wonderful KitchenAid Mixer! This is now my weekly ritual as well! Grind the wheat, grind the flax and make bread for the week! I'm still experimenting with different ratios of dough enhancer, gluten, flax and millet, but when I am completely satisfied I will post my recipe for all to enjoy! I even got Devin's approval when he used my bread to make his grilled cheese sandwich this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment